The atopic dermatitis has tripled the number of victims in the last 30 years. Here are some ways to avoid the appearance of this pathology in our babies or should they be present and mitigate the outbreak of the same.
The atopic dermatitis is a skin disease that affects mainly the younger ones. Characterized in that the skin is dry, redness, itching causes a very annoying that encourages the baby to scratch the wound and increases the possibility that they infected.
This condition usually manifests for the first time by the third month of life, often in the face. Other locations are preferred hands, especially, back and fingers, the creases behind the ears, and the folds of the elbows and knees. To prevent the occurrence of this disease or at least mitigate its shoots can follow these tips:
- ● For the daily hygiene of the baby, it is preferable to a quick shower to a bath. Water temperature should be between 32 and 36 º C.
- ● Apply the soap in specific areas and always use a suitable soap with a good level of neutral pH.
- ● We recommend the use of emollient creams to be applied to wet skin of the baby before leaving the shower.
- ● It is important to keep the house clean of dust as children with atopic dermatitis are more prone to allergies to dust mites.
- ● Keep the home ventilation is also important to prevent or reduce flares of atopic dermatitis.
Following these tips can either prevent the onset of this disease or alleviate it. If still taking extreme precautions appears should not alarm us because there are specific treatments for this disease. It is important to note that it is always advisable to consult a specialist to advise and guide us from any doubt.