Between the first and fourth month postpartum, women experience a sharp fall of hair.
But do not be alarmed, this is totally normal, besides the hair has three stages which are known as anagen, catagen and telogen.
During the first stage gives rise to root hair that grows 3 or 4 years, in the second stage the root leaves the skin depth which is found and migrates to the surface of the scalp, in the third stage, the hair falls. But the root remains in the dermis and the cycle begins to develop, giving rise to new hair.
The postpartum hair loss goes far beyond a normal cycle, during pregnancy, the growing phase gets longer, this is caused by the change in hormones, and then the hair is weakened and after giving birth begins the fall too.
This affects about 80% of pregnant women, while the remaining 20% decline occurs even during pregnancy.
Tips to reduce hair loss
- * Consume vitamin B, such as oats, soy, yeast, chicken, fish and avocado.
- * Consume vitamins A and C, such as fruits and vegetables.
- * Consume minerals such as calcium, iron, and iodine.
- * Massage your hair to wash it, do it gently.
- * Brush your hair with soft rounded edges, tilting the head down.
- * Avoid abusing your hair dye, hair dryer or where too much to handle or pull hair.
- * You can use lotions or shampoos of anti-fall.
If after the hair cycle of change for three to four months postpartum, the problem continues, check with your doctor to see if it is a health problem.