Sometimes you may notice that your baby sleeps a lot, it may fret or give you peace of mind, as there is a myth that announces that sleep in babies is health. Today we refer to this subject and we’ll tell you when it is estimated to sleep on the basis of age.
The sleep depends on each child, of his character (calm or restless), activities, habits, age and family customs. Each person has adequate time for your body of sleep and wakefulness, despite that, the dream of the young has some common characteristics.
How much should the baby sleep:
- ● Infants 16 to 20 hours of sleep everyday.
- ● Until the third month of 14 to 15 hours of sleep.
- ● The third to sixth month about 14 hours (10 and 12 hours a night and up to 4 hour nap).
- ● From the first year of life up to 13 years, with a nap of up to two hours.
- ● Children under 2 years stay for up to 12 hours with an hour nap.
In addition to the amount of sleep, parents should pay attention to sleep quality and symptoms that occur during the day. There are some points we should keep in mind:
- ● Those little wake up with headaches.
- ● That will cost much awake.
- ● Fall asleep in school.
- ● This dream all day.
- ● Not appear to notice that attention problems and behavioral changes in the school.
When babies are newborns only wake up when they need to feed and start to socialize a bit, they have circadian rhythms (distinguish night from day) completely disorganized. As they grow it will succeed in having a more orderly pace. All you need is a little patience, the first few months are hard but surely when regularize the sleep you too can get more rest.