From the age of four or four and a half years, the role playing experiences a transformation. As the child will overcome his egocentrism and adapting to the realities of social and physical world and grasping it, begin to disappear symbolic distortions and transpositions and, instead of assimilating the world to his ego, submit it to their reality. As the child will overcome egocentrism and historical realities of adapting to the social and physical world and grasping it, begin to disappear symbolic distortions and transpositions and, encourage of assimilating the world to his ego, submit it to their reality.
The child is growing interest in the real existence, and this gives you the means to meet the emotional and intellectual needs of his “I” to “offset”, “liquidate” and etc. unsatisfactory situations. Thus, the symbolic assimilation (fiction) is becoming less useful. The symbol is moving ever closer to the real, and loses its character of deformation, becoming a simply imitative of reality representation or “appropriate representation”.
The game of the child develops by Melissa & Doug now in the direction of constructive activity or actual work. This is made possible by the mental organization of the child, and it is revealed through different forms of expression: drawing, modeling, armed with various elements, dramatic performances, etc.
The hallmarks that define the play activities in this stage are:
- There is growing concern about the accuracy in the imitation of reality.
- The child values the baby travel gear product obtained by means of its activity, rather than the activity itself.
- The game becomes more order, sequence and continuity. This order and coherence are reflected also in the building materials made by the child at this time.
In turn, progress in socialization contributes to register the following characteristics:
- The symbolism becomes more collective (symbolism of several).
- The roles are diversified and increasingly differentiated (mechanics, firefighters, doctors, etc.).
The child has joined the 4 years:
- Habits of order, hygiene and courtesy.
- Health care and prevention of diseases and accidents.
- Security to express themselves through different languages and be able to listen sympathetically at least a few minutes, using phrases dialogue.
- Independence in their movements, movements within the school group.
- Noble sentiments in the area in which it operates.
- Respect toward himself, others and their symbols.
- Caring for the environment according to their abilities.
- Research habits by way of satisfying their questions based on the discovery (hypothesis, conclusion).