It is best to give aid to the baby, the goal is to try to keep awake during the day and you sleep through the night, here we make a list of tips to get started:
Tips to keep your baby awake during the day:
- ● Limit of naps during the day, they should not exceed 3 hours, having to wake the baby gently lifting it upright, by sitting on his lap, changing her diaper, change your clothes, remove the clothing and tickle in the feet or palms, rub under the chin, burp, etc., if you are feeding can shake a little breast or bottle.
- ● When awake continue exploiting stimulation to bathe, play with him, and show him toys (at a distance of 20 to 25cms.), Talking or singing a happy song.
- ● Make the baby makes his daytime naps in his car, if weather allows outdoors.
- ● When the baby sleep in your bedroom keeps the curtains open and minimize normal noise level of the house.
Tips to make your baby sleep through the night:
- ● Do not exaggerate in encouraging your baby to be awake, if the baby is too tired or too excited may have trouble sleeping. This is not to create you a sleepless day the baby, but just get tired of correcting your schedule to go, having to make the transition in the span of a week or so and not wanting to do in one day.
- ● Put your baby in his crib with the door, windows and curtains closed tightly, avoiding light and minimizing any noise emission (television of the adjacent room, the music of big brother, the noise of the street, etc.), a monitor will need to be vigilant when you wake up the baby.
- ● The baby’s room should be at a suitable temperature, and preferably well baby clothing rather than placing a blanket that can move and generate cold to enter the baby’s body.
- ● If the baby wakes, feed (if necessary) and then bedtime, do not go light on, TV or music while doing so.
- ● If the baby refuses to sleep avoid playing with him and feel like it, hum a little sticking to his chest, his heart beating with the rocking motion induce sleep.