We talked about already, the importance that requires choosing a good pediatrician and what are the things that we must bear in mind.
Probably a week after birth the child must go to do a complete check as it grows and then periodically once a month. The aim of the pediatrician is to verify that your child is developing properly.
This will consider the following items in the query:
- ● Growth: We ask you to undress, and then weighed and measured, the length and head circumference.
- ● Head: The soft spots of the fontanelles should remain open during the first months.
- ● Ears: The examined with an otoscope to see the ear canal and eardrum to rule out any infectious disease or fluid, and also ask if the child is frightened or responds to sounds.
- ● Mouth: Examined to detect possible signs of infection, and later, follow up on the dentition.
- ● Heart and lungs: The doctor used a stethoscope to listen to the baby, chest and back. This test can identify respiratory problems, and possible abnormalities in heart rhythm, or the sound of your breathing.
- ● Abdomen: Placing his hand on the child’s abdomen, and gently pressing, the doctor will check if any organ is enlarged or if there are lumps or abnormal discomfort.
- ● Genital: These are examined, to prevent and detect bumps, discomfort or signs of infection.
- ● Hips and legs: The pediatrician moves them to check for any locks, or some other problem in the hip joint, and notice that their legs are properly aligned.
Completed this will make you some routine questions (if you smile, if you turn in, if you move the hand, etc.) to complete check whether your child is healthy and growing properly.