Measles is a disease caused by a virus, is transmitted from person to person and, as the spread is very fast and easy if not kept under control can easily become an epidemic. Before there was a vaccine to prevent disease, 90 percent of children suffered the disease.
At present it is very rare. The virus is contagious through the air or being in direct contact with discharge from the nose or throat of a hit.
This disease is very contagious. While there is currently a vaccine to protect us can also carry out a series of measures that reduce the risk of contagion within your own home.
Among the main symptoms of measles are a general decay, runny nose, fever, conjunctivitis, and sore throat, generalized skin rash, which starts to manifest itself in the head and then spread throughout the body. You can also see spots in the mucosa of the mouth.
Avoiding the appearance of measles:
- ● Have complete immunization schedule.
- ● It is important that if you make a trip abroad find out about measles immune measures.
- ● Ventilate your home environments.
- ● You often clean floors and other surfaces, using a solution of water and a tablespoon of bleach per 10 liters of water.
- ● In the event that your home has a person sick with measles consult your physician other measures to protect other family members.
As we mentioned earlier, measles is caused by a virus, with no specific treatment when the disease has appeared, so it is important to take steps to prevent it. It is very necessary to make a rapid diagnosis, rest and good hydration. Symptoms can last at least two weeks.